Waukesha Custody Modification Lawyers

As children grow and lifestyles change, it may be necessary to modify existing child custody arrangements and child support orders. At Walden & Schuster, S.C., our Waukesha attorneys help clients modify their Wisconsin child custody and support orders to better reflect the realities of current living, working and financial situations.

Brookfield Child Support Modification Attorneys

Child support orders are based on the amount of time children spend with each parent as well as each parent's financial resources. When either of these factors change, it may be necessary to modify child support orders.

At Walden & Schuster, S.C., our lawyers help clients modify yesterday's child support orders to reflect today's living situations and income levels.

As children grow, living situations may change. When children begin to split their time more evenly between parents, the amount of child support due may be decreased. In addition, if children switch households and begin living with the noncustodial parent, that parent may now be owed child support.

An increase or decrease in income is also a catalyst for child support modifications. If your child's other parent has begun earning more money, you may be entitled to more child support, Additionally, if you have experienced a decrease in income, your child support obligations should decrease. A marriage, divorce or birth of a child may also cause child support payments to change.

Relocation: When One Parent Wants To Move Away

When one parent decides to relocate to a new city or state, it may become even more difficult to maintain parent-child bonds.

Parents who wish to relocate with their children must notify the other parent. Non-relocating parents then have an opportunity to object to the move. At Walden & Schuster, S.C. our attorneys represent both the relocating parent and parents who do not want their child to move out of the state.

Whether parents relocate with or without their children, family relationships must be redefined and child custody and visitation schedules must be modified. Updated parenting plans must include new visitation schedules, dictate how travel expenses will be paid and often include electronic visitation, such as email and video chat.

Protect your parent-child relationship. Contact the Waukesha custody modification attorneys at Walden & Schuster, S.C. Call our office at 262-955-8330 to schedule a free consultation.