Modifications Help Parents Adapt To Substantial Changes In Circumstances

As children grow and lifestyles change, it may be necessary to modify existing child custody arrangements and child support orders. At Walden Neitzke & Kuhary, S.C., our Waukesha attorneys help clients modify their Wisconsin child custody and support orders to better reflect the realities of current living, working and financial situations when there has been a substantial change in circumstances.

Child support orders are based on the number of overnights children spend with each parent, as well as a number of other considerations. When there has been a substantial change of circumstances, it may be necessary to modify child support orders.

At Walden Neitzke & Kuhary, S.C., our family law attorneys help clients modify yesterday’s child support orders to reflect today’s living situations and income levels.

As children grow, living situations may change. When children begin to split their time more evenly between parents, the amount of child support due may be decreased. In addition, if children switch households and begin living with the noncustodial parent, that parent may now be owed child support.

An increase or decrease in income is also a catalyst for child support modifications. If your child’s other parent has begun earning more money, you may be entitled to more child support. Additionally, if you have experienced a decrease in income, your child support obligations could possibly decrease.

Relocation: When One Parent Wants To Move Away

When one parent decides to relocate to a new city or state, it may become even more difficult to maintain parent-child bonds.

Parents who wish to relocate with their children must notify the other parent. Nonrelocating parents then have an opportunity to object to the move. At Walden Neitzke & Kuhary, S.C., our attorneys represent both the relocating parent and parents who do not want their child to move out of the state.

Whether parents relocate with or without their children, family relationships must be redefined and child custody and visitation schedules must be modified.

Protect your parent-child relationship. Contact the Waukesha custody modification attorneys at Walden Neitzke & Kuhary, S.C. Call our office at 262-547-5517 to schedule a free consultation.